Learning in the Wild
That’s how it feels. Wild. Week six feels like it was both yesterday and was also three months ago. Time is such a strange thing. While blogging has been more enjoyable and manageable than I was anticipating, the vulnerability needed was still a challenge. Having it modeled by all of you certainly made it possible for me.
Needing to rely on the timeliness of others for the ability to complete my assignments is not something I dig at all. It seems a term of no one having schedules similar enough that I was able to complete assignments when it best suited; rather, I would have to continually revisit shared folders, discussion boards, and blogs each day in the hopes that someone posted so I would be able to complete each task. My weekends rarely afford me time to complete schoolwork and being forced to create time which didn’t exist was not fun.
I did, however, really love reading what others chose to share; it was frequently validating when I didn’t even know that was something I needed. Your reflections caused a deeper reflection in me. I also appreciated others’ interpretations of the readings and discussion questions. You gifted me a different way of looking at things; one of the many benefits of fruitful and functioning PLNs.
Realized early in the term that my current building may be unique as well. I do not believe there is one educator or professional in our building who would not willingly share their expertise and offer their help. Each time I inconvenienced someone with a request, they would offer even more than was asked. However, through blogging and assignments, I now also see the benefit of expanding my PLN to include social media, the newsletters, etc. of various organizations- CommonSense, Learning for Justice, etc.-, and sharing with peers in programs like ours.
Grateful for this wonky and consuming semester of learning in the wild; it has me contemplating a variety of things and focused on creating more balance in my life.
Thank you for sharing and for helping me to do the same. Stay well, Everyone, and may next term and 2023 bring better balance and less stress to all. Enjoy your week 11/12 chuckles; I am here chuckling with you.
Kate
Comments